MAPC is seeking a new Resident Caretaker!
Overall Job Description
The Resident Caretaker lives on-site in a two-bedroom apartment with utilities included. This position requires consistent presence on Sundays from 8am-1pm and varied availability for special events on evenings and weekends. The Resident Caretaker provides daily on-site supervision of the building including:
- Managing access and securing of facility for church services, committee meetings, special events, and designated group activities.
- Facilitating access for outside contract services and caring for the general safety and appearance of the property.
- Acting as a point of contact for space sharers and emergency services.
The salary for this position is $200/month.
Successful applicants will be dependable and organized, and have excellent communication skills and the ability to work with staff, congregation members, and visitors in a courteous and respectful manner. The Resident Caretaker must be able to climb one flight of stairs to the apartment and lift up to 25 lbs.
The Resident Caretaker reports directly to the Pastor as head of staff. Additional coordination and feedback will come from the Administrator and the Building and Grounds Committee.
Specific Job Duties
Provide consistent attendance and punctuality on Sundays from 8:00am-1:00pm and during special events to accomplish the following:
- Open and close building in accordance with the schedule and in communication with staff, specifically the Pastor and Administrative Manager, and church members and committees.
- Attend Building and Grounds Committee (B&G) meetings monthly, and staff meetings as necessary.
- Complete seasonally appropriate care for the grounds (mowing, raking, shoveling).
- Engage with space sharers and respond to needs.
- Arrange access for maintenance contractors (e.g., mowing and lawn services, cleaning, routine building maintenance).
- Be available for emergencies on site or by cell phone to respond to police and fire reports.
- Respond to any alarms set off in the building per training.
- Order and maintain inventory of needed supplies.
Additionally, provide adequate notice of personal and vacation leave time to Pastor and Administrator and arrange substitute caretaker to complete job functions.
Please send a letter of interest to [email protected] to apply.